Accounting Assistant Certificate Program
Capilano University School of Business is now selecting eligible applicants for a fully funded (100% tuition-free) Accounting Assistant Certificate.
This is a tuition-free program designed to provide job-related skills, reattach to the labour market, and prepare for current and emerging job opportunities for people impacted by COVID-19 so they can access and develop the knowledge, skills, and competencies for good job opportunities while the economy recovers.
The program will start on January 5th, 2022, with fully remote synchronous evening classes.
Classes will be in the evenings (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, from 6pm to 9pm PST) + Sat mornings (from 9am to 12pm).
If you are interested, please read below the eligibility criteria, and send in your application now!
Benefits at a glance
- Tuition Free – Spring Intake/January 2022 only.
- $500 provided to successful applicants who finish the program to cover expenses.
- $500 provided for childcare support if required.
- Delivered remote-synchronously (online, instructor-led, live-classes).
- Start and End Date: January 5th, 2022, to August 19, 2022.
- 2 weeks of practicum: non-paid internship in an accounting firm (August 2022).
- Delivered by Capilano University Faculty.
Please read the eligibility criteria carefully. To be eligible you must meet ALL the following requirements:
- Be a Canadian Citizen; or a Permanent Resident; or Protected person entitled to work in Canada.
- Reside in BC.
- Have a valid SIN number.
- Be at least 15 years old.
- Have been impacted by COVID in the sense that you are now unemployed or precariously employed (part-time 30 hours or less/week, seasonal or casual).
- Must not be enrolled in any other federally or provincially funded training programs at start of the program.
- Must not have exceeded federal funding amount (applicable only if you have participated in any other CWRG funded training projects in the last 12 months – This amount is cumulative $15,000 across all CWRG-funded projects within the same fiscal year (April 1 to March 31).
- If you are in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits or Income Assistance (IA), you must obtain approval from the appropriate entity before starting training (you don’t need approval to apply but will need it by the time the program starts.
English is the language of instruction at CapU. All applicants are required to demonstrate competence in the English language prior to admission.
- English Language Requirements: High school graduation and English Studies 12 (C+) or English 12 (C+) or English First Peoples 12 (C+) or EDT=ENGL 100 (If English isn’t your first language you will need to take the Duolingo Test and score a minimum score of 100).
- Basic Requirements: High School Graduation.
- Program-Specific Requirements: Contact email@example.com to sign up for a FREE information session or book a one-on-one appointment with our program coordinator to go over the program structure and answer any questions or concerns you might have.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.