|Starting February 11, 2021… Practice your English and gain a certificate that can be useful for work, volunteering, and for your resume through this FREE 10-week online program.
The program will run for 10 weeks, starting February 11 and finishing April 15, 2021 on Thursday evenings from 5 to 7pm on Zoom. Places limited to 16.
The program will cover:
- Exploring Community: Developing healthy communities, community connections.
- Focus on community development: Understand and examine the principles of asset-based community development.
- Leadership: Leadership roles and qualities, collective leadership, leadership styles.
- Communication skills: Encouraging/ discouraging communication, asking questions, listening skills.
- Facilitation skills: Brainstorming techniques, conflict resolution, building consensus.
- Networking/outreach: Recognizing, accessing, building and using networks.
- Planning: Creating outcome plans: develop your own ideas for community projects.
At the end of this program, you will work with a local team to develop and implement a project in your own community focusing on building a more equitable society, reducing racism, discrimination and bias.
To sign up or for more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is funded by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada, SMART Fund, BC Ministry of Advanced Education.