Community Leadership Program
April 15 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm PDT
An event every week that begins at 5:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until April 16, 2021
The Community Leadership Program is an introduction to community development – taking the IPEP (Immigrant Peer Educator Program) one step further. It focuses on the skills needed to participate in the community and to volunteer within a non-profit. Participants develop a community development project in the second part of the program using the skills & knowledge they gain in the first part.
The program will run for 10 weeks, starting February 11 and finishing April 15, 2021 on Thursday evenings from 5 to 7pm on Zoom.
Places limited to 16.
The program will cover:
- Exploring Community: Developing healthy communities, community connections.
- Focus on community development: Understand and examine the principles of asset-based community development.
- Leadership: Leadership roles and qualities, collective leadership, leadership styles.
- Communication skills: Encouraging/ discouraging communication, asking questions, listening skills.
- Facilitation skills: Brainstorming techniques, conflict resolution, building consensus.
- Networking/outreach: Recognizing, accessing, building and using networks.
- Planning: Creating outcome plans: develop your own ideas for community projects.
At the end of this program, you will work with a local team to develop and implement a project in your own community focusing on building a more equitable society, reducing racism, discrimination and bias.
For more information and to register, contact email@example.com
Have a Question?
Contact our Settlement Worker
or drop in to the Welcome Centre at the Whistler Public Library
Monday 3 – 6 p.m and Friday 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Copyright Welcome Whistler 2019