Immigrant Peer Educator Program 2019
October 15 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
An event every week that begins at 9:00am on Tuesday, repeating until December 3, 2019
Train to be an Immigrant Peer Educator; practice your English, build your Canadian experience, develop skills for work and life, meet new people, and contribute to your community.
October 15 – December 3
9am – 11am
at Whistler Welcome Centre
Join the program and
• improve your listening, speaking and English communication skills
• build your knowledge of life in Canada
• learn about services, resources and programs in Whistler from local guest speakers
• build a network with other immigrants
You’ll learn about:
• culture shock, depression, discrimination
• how to solve conflicts with landlords or employers
• children and women’s health issues
• education or career planning in Canada
• local resources and services
After the program, we invite trained Immigrant Peer Educators to rejoin twice, in February and May. We come together with former program graduates to connect with one another and discover how others are working as Peer Educators in our community:
• supporting others in the community as a Peer Educator
• giving us feedback on what issues immigrants are facing, and what services and programs they need.
Registration and more Information:
Call our Settlement Worker, Izumi, on 604.698.5960 Email email@example.com
Have a Question?
Contact our Settlement Worker
or drop in to the Welcome Centre at the Whistler Public Library
Monday 3 – 6 p.m and Friday 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Copyright Welcome Whistler 2019