Get ready to apply for CERB
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) is coming – April 6… If you are planning to apply for CERB or EI from next week, here’s key information and links to all you need to know on how, what, and when to do it.
What is CERB?
It provides $2,000 for each 4-week period ($500 a week) for up to 16 weeks.
Who can apply?
You can apply for CERB if you are a worker and you:
- – live in Canada
- – are at least 15 years old
- – have stopped working because of COVID-19, or are eligible for Employment Insurance regular or sickness benefits
- – had income of $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months before the date you apply
- – have, or expect to have, no paid work or self-employment income for at 14 consecutive days during the first 4 weeks you receive the benefit
When can I apply for CERB?
Applications for the CERB will begin the week of Monday, April 6, 2020.
How do I apply for CERB?
From Monday April 6, if you want to apply for benefits
- You will apply in one place only: online (from April 6) with CRA My Account or over the phone with an automated phone service
- You will receive all benefits through CERB.
- Register for a CRA My Account to get ready to apply for the CERB.
- Make sure you have online banking so your benefit can be sent to your account directly.
Whether you apply online or by phone, the CRA wants to provide the best service possible to everyone. To help manage this, the CRA has set up specific days for you to apply. Please use the following guidelines:
Get more detail here on:
Go to CERB FAQs – really good page where you can find the answer to many of your questions!
Contact us at the Welcome Centre by phone 604.698.5960 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org