Supporting and informing immigrant families
Parenting in Another Culture is a program offered by the Whistler and Pemberton Welcome Centres and the Whistler Multicultural Society to support immigrant and newcomer families. It offers emotional, cultural and parenting support to immigrant parents of children 0 to 18, and provides knowledge and practical information on topics that affect immigrant parents.
This January and February 2021 we are running 5 online information sessions specially for families who are not familiar with the Canadian school system. Getting through the school system successfully is important to your children’s futures – but it’s not always easy. So whatever age your children are, join us for an information session where you can ask all the questions you have about school and post-secondary education in Canada.
Would you like more information to help you and your children be prepared for the next stages at school? Want to be sure you have all the information you need to make the right decisions during high school? Would you like to know more about all the options for post-secondary education?
Amanda Walker from Capilano University will take you through:
- – Canadian High School System and how Credits Work: Wednesday January 13, 6:30 – 7:30pm
- – Postsecondary options: Wednesday January 20, 6:30 – 7:30pm
- – University/College and how to apply for Scholarships /Grants /Bursaries: Wednesday January 27, 6:30 – 7:30pm
- – Transitioning from Elementary School to High School: Wednesday February 10, 6 – 7pm
- – Entering Kindergarten and the Elementary School System: Wednesday February 24, 6 – 7pm