Volunteer Opportunities at the Whistler Multicultural Festival
Friday June 7, 2019 at Whistler Public Library 4 – 8 pm
Can you help out for a couple of hours? Our volunteers help with food, with crafts and activities, and just general organization…
- Festival Ambassadors One hour between 4 and 8pm to interact with the public near the Festival location to invite them in. Handout promotional pieces. If you have national dress to wear, that’s even better.
- Set up/take down 10 – 4 pm and/or 8 – 9:30 pm. Set up/take down tents, tables, recycling area, displays, activities. Decorate the location.
- Customer relations 3:30 – 6 pm and/or 6 – 8 pm to greet visitors, give event information, manage a world map activity.
- General helpers 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm and/or 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm to help with any task that needs an extra hand. Also, to help keep the site clean and tidy, and garbage in the right place.
- Activities helpers 3:30 – 6 pm and/or 5:30 – 8 pm to help run multicultural crafts and activities. No skills or knowledge needed.
- Food team Help prep food on June 6 between 2 – 7pm and/or cook and serve food for 2 – 3 hours between 3:30 – 8pm at the Festival
Most shifts are around 3 hours, but can be adjusted to your availability. Volunteers will receive snacks and a gelato voucher, as well as join the fun.
Certificates of participation are provided on request.
Contact Us if you’d like to help or want more information: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 604.698.5960