WMS is hiring…
Whistler Multicultural Society (WMS) believes in the strengths that diversity bring and works actively to support and advocate for immigrants, newcomers, diversity and equity. We run projects, programs and services to support immigrants and newcomers in the Sea to Sky corridor and on the Sunshine Coast, as well as in Whistler and Pemberton. WMS is a key partner in the Whistler Welcome Centre, hosted by the Whistler Public Library, and co-delivers government-funded immigrant settlement services in Whistler, Pemberton, and on the Sunshine Coast.
Building the WMS team
WMS is a small team of 6 and we’re growing fast. We’re looking for individuals to join the team who can grow with us. Areas we’re looking for people to work in right now include outreach, social media, database, and administrative support. Hours for up to 2 full-time positions are available with room to grow and develop.
WMS would like to hear from all individuals interested in working within community development, social services, or a non-profit environment. More important than experience is
• Self-motivation, flexibility, and ability to work independently and to leverage tools and resources in a creative way
• Desire to learn and develop
• Interest in building diversity, inclusion and equity particularly in intercultural environments
• Ability to build strong working relationships, good team player
Use your skills and experience
WMS is committed to in-job skills support and development and will provide training in specific skills for the right candidate(s). At the same time, WMS values proven skills, knowledge and experience in
• Computer and numeracy; Outlook, Excel, Word, social media tools, and adaptability to new technologies
• Ability to communicate well in spoken and written English
• Fluency in a second language and lived experience of the immigration process
• Good organization, time management, and strong problem-solving skills
Hours and terms of work available:
• full and/or part-time
• flexible hours
• remote working
For a fuller description of the skills we’re looking for and the people we hope will join us, check WMS fall recruitment 2021
Apply by 5pm on Friday November 5.
Please submit your resume with cover letter and three work/volunteer related references to email@example.com